You cannot control what happens to you, you can only control how you react to it.
This blog is especially is committed to turning our loss into love, and our worry in our work as it relates to facing the odds as single parent families.
3 Defining Principles are
1. Love When Love is Not What You Have Received.
2. Help Others As You Help Yourself
3. Leave a Positive Legacy for Your Children
Each single parent family is different. The specific challenges are always unique to the family, yet there are some common themes with most around not enough time, money or emotional support. As a single mother for 10+ years, have had many of the same challenges.
In this series, I'll share what I've learned along the way and hope it can help you too as you successfully single parent your family.
Help Others As You Help Yourself
Single parent families are often strapped for time, money, social balance, work balance, and emotional healing. In this state, it is really difficult to understand how you can even focus on helping others at all. It is often not possible to write a check or volunteer regularly due to time & money constraints. However, I want you to know, that no matter what your position in this world:
You have a lot to offer! You also have a lot to gain:
1. To People in Your Life - Offer Encouragement. Share your experience and knowledge to help them gain self worth/esteem validate them. You'll both experience emotional healing.
2. To Your Community Offer Service. Share this with your kids. It is a family friendly activity that often does not cost anything and can happen even on odd schedules. You get time together, and you gain a better place to live, greater connections with your kids, friends and neignbors. It also exposes you to the many blessings in your life when you help others.
3. To Other Single Parents Offer What You Would Value if Offered to You. Connect with other single parents and share: babysitting, clothes, toys, carpooling, pot luck dinners, house maintenance and repairs. This helps all of you make ends meet, and also helps with build relationships which can help you meet your social needs and find some form of work/life balance.
Give back. This is the great law. Do unto others as you would do unto yourself. If indeed you get what you get then GIVE. Be a good friend. Let God Bless You with those whom He has placed in your life. As you open your heart and experience giving back then getting some help won't feel so one sided any more. This also will build Hope and Self Esteem for you, and in turn for your children.
Begin now - connect with other single parents by clicking here and joining our community.
1. To People in your life - Offer Encouragement- share your experience/knowledge and gain self worth/esteem validation Emotional Healing
2. To your Community Offer Service share this with your kids it is a family friendly activity that does not often cost anything you get time together, and your gain a better place to live, connections, friends, social needs can be met it also exposes you to the many blessings in your life when you help others
3. Other Single Parents babysitting exchanges, clothes, toys, carpools, pot lucks, house maintenance and repairs this helps you make ends meet, and also helps with social needs and work life balance.
Give back. This is the great law. Do unto others as you would do unto yourself. If indeed you get what you get then GIVE. Be a good friend. Let God Bless you with those whom He has placed in your life. As you open your heart and experience giving back then getting some help won't feel so one sided any more. This also will build Hope and Self Esteem for you, and in turn for your children.