The Story of Single Parent Advocate
Single Parent Advocate, a local 501(c) 3 non-profit organization providing resource connections, growth-based training, and support for single parent families, based in Dallas Texas and the surrounding areas. Additionally Single Parent Advocate corresponds with families from all over the United States and consults non-profits, churches, and businesses on how to build a program for success in serving and engaging single parents within their respective organizations.
1 in 4 children in the US are growing up in a single parent home. Single mothers and fathers have much higher likelihood to live in poverty, as they face incredible work/life balance issues. Single Parent Families have unique needs and issues constantly affecting their inability to overcome ruin. The emotional and financial toll on most of these families is actually helping to create an even younger population of single parents who are just children themselves.
Single Parent Advocate is committed to breaking this cycle and to help build resource connections for families that help them to become more productive, more resourceful and more informed on how to be the best parent they can be for their children.
Single Parent Advocate and it's growing community has already provided auto repair, school supplies, food, toys, beds, family portraits, computer assistance, and hope to families that are in the gap now, and the organization vows to continue making a profound difference in the lives of single parents and their families in the years to come.
Empowering and equipping single parent families to live successful and productive lives
Single Parent Advocate (SPA) is committed to educate, equip and empower single parent families with resources, assistance, encouragement and networking so that those who need help get help and those who want to help can
- Accountable – We take personal responsibility for actions, decisions and commitments
- Optimistic – We focus on the positive and possibilities with a hopeful spirit
- Caring – We show love and support for growth and personal improvement
- Collaborative – We support the team in all we do
- Creative – We use innovative thinking and a fresh perspective for better options
- Dedicated – We are passionate about the SPA vision, mission and plans
- Faithful – We are a community organization driven by our faith to openly serve and bring healing change.
- Honest - We consistently exemplify integrity, truthfulness and trustworthiness
- Productive – We purposely get it done with high quality
- Respectful – We honor, accept and appreciate everyone
Our Leadership Team
Stacie Poythress (Martin), Founder & President
Dave Smith, Treasurer
Steve Poythress, Information and Technology Committee Chair
Susan Hummel, Marketing and Public Relations Committee Chair
You can support our work at: https://www.razoo.com/story/Singleparentadvocate