to each of you who provided invaluable support for Single Parent Advocate throughout 2017!
In March 2017, Single Parent Advocate hosted its Annual Meeting, hosted by Humperdink’s on Northwest Highway in Dallas, Texas
In May we served 180 Single Mothers and their children providing books, flowers, personal care items and a nice meal.
In August we provided 350 single family children with school supplies and back packs.
In October and November we collected food donations and contributions to provide single parent families with bundles of food and turkeys for Thanksgiving dinners. Together, we fed over 350 parents and children! Many children stay home for the holiday and the extra food demand can be a hardship and you helped them overcome this time with grace and provision.
Thanks to each of you, Single Parent Advocate's Christmas events were a genuine blessing and an incredible relief to struggling families.
You helped provided over 500 toys, over 100 bicycles, hundreds of parent and teen gift cards, books, puzzles, t-shirts, coats, dinner and entertainment to over 350 parents and children. It was a special time of celebration with an inspirational message of hope and encouragement from area business, and civic leaders.
Huge thanks to all of the SPA Team: Executive Board, Advisory Board, and all of the volunteers and friends who rolled up their sleeves and worked tirelessly!!!! If you helped with anything at all, please know we truly could not do anything like this without each and every one of you!
Please join us in thanking these special organizations, and individuals who really shined bright for the sake of others this year:
We could not have done it without a great group of sponsors, donors and volunteers including:
- Bingo Bingo – underwrote the expenses of all outreach projects in 2017
- Boxes 4 U – provided collection boxes for Thanksgiving and Christmas food and gift drives
- Central Market Plano – provided Thanksgiving food for families
- Circle R Ranch: - Wonderful meal for 350 at the Christmas event
- Claudia Wright– Donated Fashion Clothing for parents and teens at Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Custom Ink Team – Provided $500 in gift cards to support teens at Christmas
- Dallas Margarita Society - Provided toys for 275 children in conjunction with Love for Kids
- Dorothy Kuhn– Our guest speaker for the Lewisville Christmas event
- Eddie Dean’s – provided smoked turkeys for Thanksgiving and hosted Back to School & Mother’s Day in Dallas
- Highland Village Police Department - Toys & gift cards for the children and the Chief was Santa for the Lewisville event
- Huffines Auto Group (Ray Huffines and Fred Whitfield) – hosted food and gift drives, donated promotional support, and transportation to support logistics
- Humperdink’s Restaurants- Thanksgiving canned good drive and Christmas angel sponsor
- Jeff Hall and Billy Rice Photography - Photos at Annual Christmas Event and buttons for marketing
- LISD/Lewisville Harmon High School - Donated the space for the event and had two staff members with the Lewisville event
- Lifetime Fitness- 100+ new bicycles for Christmas
- Lori Burch & Kassandra Vitacca-Mitchell – Speakers at our Mother’s Day outreach
- Love for Kids - Provided toys for 275 children in conjunction with Dallas Margarita Society
- Music Medics Mobile Entertainment/DJ Services– provided music and entertainment for dinner at the Lewisville event
- Pillar Income Asset Management – sponsored Back to School, provided Thanksgiving Food, and provided much needed space for our families and volunteers to gather for 6 months!
- Regional Plastic Surgery Center - Donation toward gifts for children and angel sponsor
- JPS High School – Donated children’s toys for Christmas
- Spokes for Folks - 100 reconditioned bicycles
- The Life of a Single Mom – posted Stacie Poythress blogs each quarter on their website
- World Vision – Provided Household items, books, games, and puzzles
- William’s Chicken – provided the food for Mother’s Day event
- Athletes Are Readers – books and games, food, and gifts for moms
Reaching out to, and supporting others in our community goes a long way in making the world a better place. It allows SPA to meet its vision of: Empowering and equipping single parent families to live successful and productive lives.
Please accept our deepest thanks for your support and involvement during the busy holiday season. We look forward to 2018 being even better!